What is a Brow Lift?
As we age, the skin on our forehead can begin to sag, causing wrinkles and creases to form. Additionally, the brow can start to droop, which can create a tired or angry appearance. A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift, is a surgical procedure that can help rejuvenate the appearance of the forehead by lifting the brows and smoothing out wrinkles and creases.
What are the Benefits of a Brow Lift?
A brow lift can provide a number of benefits for patients who are concerned about the appearance of their forehead and brows. Some of the most common benefits of a brow lift include:
- Restored youthfulness and refreshed appearance
- Improved facial symmetry and proportion
- Reduction in the appearance of forehead wrinkles and creases
- Elevation of the eyebrows to a more youthful position
- A more awake and alert appearance
Brow lift surgery can be performed as a standalone procedure or in combination with other facial plastic surgery procedures, such as a facelift or eyelid surgery.
What are the Types of Brow Lift Available?
There are several different types of brow lift procedures available, including:
- Traditional Brow Lift: This procedure involves making incisions in the hairline or at the temples, lifting the skin and tissue of the forehead, and repositioning the brows to a more youthful position.
- Endoscopic Brow Lift: This minimally invasive procedure involves making several small incisions in the scalp and using an endoscope (a small camera) to lift the tissue and muscle of the forehead and reposition the brows.
- Temporal Brow Lift: This procedure involves making small incisions in the temple area and lifting the lateral brow.
During the consultation process, our facial plastic surgeon Dr. Lindsey Goyal will perform a thorough evaluation of your facial structure and discuss the best treatment options for your unique needs and goals.
What Should I Expect During and After a Brow Lift?
A brow lift is typically performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation. The procedure may take several hours, depending on the extent of the treatment.
Following the procedure, patients can expect some swelling, bruising, and discomfort in the forehead area, which can be managed with pain medication and cold compresses. Most patients are able to return to work and normal activities within 7-10 days, although it may take several weeks for the full results of the procedure to become apparent.
What Else Should I Know About a Brow Lift?
A brow lift can provide a number of benefits for patients who are concerned about the appearance of their forehead and brows. By working with a our skilled and experienced facial plastic surgeon Dr. Lindsey Goyal, patients can receive the appropriate counseling. Dr. Goyal works alongside patients to formulate a comprehensive treatment plan. She and her experienced team of professionals provide support throughout the entire process for patients to achieve their desired aesthetic goals.
If you are considering a brow lift, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Lindsey Goyal to discuss your options and determine the best treatment plan for your unique needs and goals.
Request an Appointment
Please complete the form to request a call from our team to schedule an appointment.
You may also reach us by phone at 315-254-2030.